College Park Day is back and will be bigger and better than ever!
It’s almost here! College Park Day is Saturday, October 7, 2023 from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the College Park Aviation Museum & Airport.
This annual festival features live music and performances, food & beer, kids & game zones, and family entertainment – for FREE!
The City will once again have tents to display City information and talk to attendees. Last year we had about 12k attendees and are planning for similar audience levels this year.
City Department and Board/Committee Table Space
- If your department/office or board/committee wishes to participate by having at table at the event, please reach out to Jen Bice by September 15, 2023, and let her know who will be attending and if they need a full or half table.
- If you need any materials made for the event (flyers, banners, etc.) please reach out to Jen Bice with a request no later than Thursday, September 7, 2023, to allow enough time to process materials. She will respond to let you know if your request can be accommodated.
- If you have materials that need to be transported to the event site, you will need to let Jen know by Thursday, September 28; we will then arrange pickups with DPW. Please include the number of boxes, location for pickup, and any other pertinent information. Any items for display that need to be transported should be packed and clearly labeled prior to pick-up.
- Each department or committee is responsible to arrange staffing for their own display table from 12:00pm -6:00pm. Please send a list of those staffing the event and tables, the hours they will be working, and their shirt size by Wednesday, September 27.
- Even if you don’t have your own table or display, please contact Jen with your availability for College Park Day. We need assistance with the overall set-up of materials from 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., staffing the City table from 12 to 6pm (can be done in two shifts if needed), and then breakdown between 6 and 8:00 p.m. There needs to be at least 2 people at any time for each Department or Board’s table. Please let her know what time period you would be able to work; make sure to get approval from your supervisor for all hours you plan to work at the event.
- As in prior years, hourly employees who work at College Park Day will be paid accordingly. Salaried employees may flex their hours during the pay period or use exempt time at a later date.
- We always need volunteers, so if you have children, family, or friends who are able to volunteer, please have them sign up at collegeparkmd.gov/volunteers. Students can earn SSL hours. Volunteers will get a free t-shirt and refreshments throughout the day.
Free parking will be available at the WMATA metro garage and the lot at Wells Ice Rink.
BE A PART OF COLLEGE PARK DAY!
We are accepting applications for vendors and volunteers.
Learn more about College Park Day >>